With 25,000 documents (books, CDs and DVDs, newspapers and magazines), the multimedia library offers varied and accessible collections, meeting the leisure and discovery needs of all generations. It’s also a place where you can access information and computers, and discover the services offered by bmvr.marseille.fr. The emphasis will be on a rich and diverse cultural program, with a special focus on young people (reading to toddlers, musical awakening, creative workshops) and digital technology (introduction to computers and the Internet, digital creation workshops, programming). Practical and leisure workshops for adults will also be offered: job search, book club, creative workshops…
- an area dedicated to early childhood: albums, stories and novels
- a documentary area to discover and find out more about various themes: travel, arts and leisure, employment and practical life, science…
- a lounge for reading the press, watching a film or listening to a record on the spot
- games and toys to share a playful moment on site
- a 50-seat auditorium for shows, conferences or film screenings.
- a room with around twenty places for quiet work and 2 small rooms for group work, to prepare a presentation for example
- a digital space with 8 computers and, in 2021, digital creation equipment, not forgetting a dozen PCs in the various areas of the multimedia library.