Social rights for exiles (without asylum)

Extract from Récit de Alì • 30 years old • Man • Moroccan

As a refugee, you have social rights, meaning the RSA (revenu de solidarité active) , or medical aid, housing. Those are the rights for French people, Europeans in France, and refugees in France, and I don’t have them. Well, what is the most important is to have the possibility to have a scholarship: there are many organizations and foundations who told me “If you were a refugee, we could give you a scholarship, you need to apply to be a refugee.”

As a non-European student in France, and not a refugee, I don’t have social rights. For example I can’t work with a subsidized employement contract; I don’t have the right to RSA; I don’t have the right to access subsidized housing, etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.