Project presentation flyers
QX1 Welcome Map is a project led by the Transbordeur collective. The QX1 platform is designed as a tool for collecting and exchanging information dedicated to migrants arriving in Marseille, either to settle there or simply to transit there. A tool for mutual assistance and access to information by highlighting the experiences of people of different backgrounds and profiles who have settled in our city in recent years.
The information presented on the QX1 platform comes from interviews and workshops that the Transbordeur Collective and its partners hold with migrants who want to tell their stories and share their experiences.
The QX1 platform consists of several media for distributing its content:
- a multilingual website and a mobile app
- regular meetings in different parts of the city and with partner structures receiving the public
- printed materials, such as flyers, directories and welcome maps, to convey information of primary use, in addition to virtual spaces
The name QX1 comes from the International Maritime Signals Code and means: “You are authorized to moor in this port”.
The purpose of the Transbordeur collective is to develop creative projects aimed at improving material living conditions, intellectual and cultural development and emancipation. Transbordeur promotes the social link building and promotes the values of popular education.
Its missions :
- Create spaces for the exchange of experiences, paths, knowledge and practices.
- Collect and value oral histories
- Produce innovative multidisciplinary projects (theatre, dance, videos, digital media, photos, writing…)
- Propose training activities in the fields of art and social work.
- Facilitate spaces for the analysis of professional practices.
Find out more about the Transborder Collective’s news on our blog
- Observatoire Asile Marseille
- Solidarité Provence Afghanistan
- Boutique Solidarité (Fondation Abbé Pierre)
- Hors Pistes – International Sponsorship Project
- Destination Famille
- Accueil de Jour Marceau (Day shelter)
- Le Théâtre de l’Oeuvre
- Planète Sans Visas (Network of French as a Foreign Language Courses)
- Réseau Hospitalité
The QX1 project was supported by the European Cultural Foundation (Idea Camp 2015 and R&D Grant in 2016), the Abbé Pierre Foundation (2017 and 2018/19) and the Fondation de France (2018/19).